Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tornadoes in China?

Earth used Earthquake. It's not very effective. Earth used Surf. It's super effective!

Too soon? Regardless of whether I have offended you or not. It has been written.

So, there is massive damage in Japan and how does that affect us? Well, it is hard to say for certain. With the threat of the largest scale meltdown in history after following one of the most devastating natural disasters we have ever seen. They are not having a good weekend, but Rebecca Black has the right idea.

Now here is the important part I want my readers to realize. Chances are that you play video games. Who is the highest provider of video games in history and now? Japan. Now, I am not the tacky kind of person who wants to tell everyone how to feel. However, I cannot help but feel strong emotions, myself. The highlight of said emotion was when CNN showed a Japanese news channel with the text: "HELP." Man, it really sucks to be Japanese right now. Note how there is no massive looting and the Japanese people are not whining about the effects this will have on their economy. We should definitely be concerned about the effect this has on future releases of video games. I mean, Sony and Nintendo are both based in Japan. Do I really have to explain that?

This event gave me the strange urge to play SimCity for the first time in 10 years. So, I built a thriving island city and forced various natural disasters. It was interesting spending the money and time to rebuild everything. It certainly helped pass the time as I followed the news on Japan. I almost consider it a personal homage to said events. It is the best I can do from here. However, consider this weird, I am not usually the philanthropic type.


GAMING MUSIC
Not particularly special beyond being one of my favorite tracks. This is the song from Ice Cap Act 1 from Sonic the Hedgehog 3. I remember humming this tune in second grade. It is a shame that one of the last great Sonic games was Sonic 3 & Knuckles. However, Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Rush have been good titles too. Anyone play that weird RPG by BioWare?

Edit: My brother just claimed to a friend that Dante (Devil May Cry) while playing Marvel vs Capcom 3 was from Dante's Inferno. Wow, fail much?

51 comments:

  1. So terrible! You heartless jerk!

    I laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol that's pretty twisted that you got the urge to play sim city

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, for the sonic RPG.... stay away from it! Really, it sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Sonic RPG?
    From Bioware...?
    I'm a fan of those two things, but I could never imagine merging them together...

    ReplyDelete
  5. tell your brother I said he was retarded

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry. I made sure to humiliate him in front of his friend.

    As for the Sonic RPG:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Chronicles:_The_Dark_Brotherhood

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you related the events that are happening in Japan at the moments, to the sims.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Japan, when I curse my people with a tsunami in SimCity, I will set fire to my power plants in memory of you.

    But really, it's pretty shitty, and being called the most costly natural disaster in history.

    ReplyDelete
  9. no matter how horrible I think the tsunamis and earthquakes were, I still laughed at your post :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite an...'interesting' take on the situation at hand.

    It's a fresh perspective though, which is the most important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ''Meanwhile in Japan'' that was the best :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ice cap zone IS the best music from sonic 3, no second-guessing involved man

    ReplyDelete
  14. hehs, delay on games = saved money from not buying the crappy ones, now only good ones!! and japan is too hardcore for such things as waves

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm happy to see that you can still write nice posts ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. omg i love pokemon its quite fun but i still gotta get me pokemon black or white i dunno when but maybe ill find a new love for the game series in this new sequel

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was just thinking they same thing

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope my anime doesn't get obstructed because of this

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow i've got the itch to play sim city too now...

    ReplyDelete
  20. i laughed so hard when i read that first sentence, it was funny. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dante's Inferno in Marvel vs. Capcom 3...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  22. ehh...I'm not a big fan of Japanese video games. I like smash bros, persona, and soul calibur though.

    ReplyDelete
  23. im more of a fan of the american studios, and glad ya put ya bro in his place

    ReplyDelete
  24. this makes me want to play pokermans on gameboy :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. ..a little bit soon man. give it another month. oh and give you brother some quality game like DMC to educate a little bit :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. I believe japan will pull through they are intelligent & Resourceful country

    ReplyDelete
  27. While a bit unorthodox, I suppose I can approve of you trying to get Japan aide. heh

    ReplyDelete
  28. We should raise awareness for this travesty by holding a worldwide SimCity day.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Owwwwww have mercy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I chuckle'd at the first paragraph, but honestly what decent games have come out of china in the past 5 years?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amazing blog, was a great read dude.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm glad o see someone else isn't just pandering to the usual news about Japan right now.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I lol'd at the pokemon thing

    ReplyDelete
  34. Rofl! How is playing sim city the best you can do? xD

    ReplyDelete
  35. Haha hilarious. YOu're going to hell though =). Followed! alphabetalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Aw man, sonic 3... Haven't played that in YEARS!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This makes me want to go out and get the new pokemon... is that bad?

    ReplyDelete
  38. @stereoheads: Support Japan! Buy video games!

    ReplyDelete
  39. My friend showed me that pic yesterday with Groudon and Kyogre and I couldn't stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Loving the sonic stuff on this post haha and just random tidbit of info my aunt and cousin live in Gainesville! go gators haha

    ReplyDelete
  41. i think sonic may have started my obsession with 8bit tunes lol. anamanaguchi :D

    ReplyDelete
  42. lol Dante from Dante´s Inferno

    That deserves brownie points

    ReplyDelete

I love you!