Monday, March 21, 2011

2-D or not 2-D?

I have been hearing a lot about the Nintendo 3DS and noticed it is about to hit shelves. I mean, I was in Germany and not really following this stuff, so excuse me but... Whaaat? When did I miss the memo? I thought we had until after the Summer.

Well, I am not buying it. I do not have the cash, but even if I did, I would think real hard about this. The first problem (and this is subject to change) is that I have not even seen the 3-D effect that this system bolsters. What does it even look like? I cannot fathom pre-ordering this if I would pre-order anything at all. What kills me is that these are selling out first stocks within an hour everywhere in Japan. The Nintendo DS Lite did not even get a midnight release from GameStop, and it sold the Nintendo DS the best later in marketing. I cannot see typical 3-D on TV's and some movies, even though I can see the new HDTV's that are 3-D. It really is a guess for me.

The battery life is disgusting. That is ridiculous and I cannot believe Nintendo is even trying to sell 2-4 hours for handheld. Even Sony said you could manage six on the PSP. If I was writing this blog during the PSP release, then you would be well aware that 4-6 hours was disgusting to me back then and I opted for the ten-hour Nintendo DS phat. If I could vote with my dollar, I would keep my hands off the 3DS until I see one with a battery life of at least seven hours. Nintendo, shame on you!

Besides, Pokémon still occupies my handheld time and I will be itching to play Final Fantasy Tactics again soon. I have to get to repairing my PSP2000. First I have to buy a car.

GAMING MUSIC
So, here is something y'all will recognize. Enjoy!

27 comments:

  1. I think these new handheld consoles are just a joke. The PSP was revolutionary, but the stuff that came after it was just "useless" toys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh good old tetris music!

    Supported.
    bigunicorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over priced, along with the games. Would rather get a psp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 hours is awful. and I had that tetris and the orginial GameBoy :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pre-ordered a 3ds a few months ago. I'm gonna sell mine on ebay and make some mad cash :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. i thought i forgot about this song but then i remembered it. damn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nevermind the battery life this is set to revolutionise the way the world looks at 3D. Have noticed the price of current 3D tvs (which require glasses) has plummeted. People are seeing the 3DS and wondering why they just shouldnt wait till the tech gets transferred to bigger screens. Also the iphone6 is picked to have a 3d screen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 3D is horrible, I hope this is just a phase that media is going through before it grows up and focuses on better things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3-D is the next logical step in entertainment technology. Hell, it's been predicted for a long time, much like George Orwell and Science Fiction in general predicted video conferencing and other visual improvements.

    True 3-D is just awkward step to true holographic imaging, much like 64-bit was the awkward step to 3-D graphics that we enjoy in current gen gaming. Think about it, Goldeneye looks like shit now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh Tetris... I didn't play too much because it was just before my time when it was real popular but I see my uncle playing it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I guess it doesn't work that well yet due to the games. But as soon as 3D is really well made, its the way to go. srry pal, 3D will override the 2D-world :o

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this time when i played tetris. ahhh thanks for remember :) 2D rox

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm doing the same as Redblade...hopefully there will be a shortage. Oh well, worse comes to worse, I just return it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. don't wreck your car :)
    thanks for the review and the music :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really should listen to more Tetris while I read blogs, it's quite amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol that musicc.. strong nostalgia trip

    ReplyDelete
  17. 2-4 Hours? sounds like the old sega gamegear, another "revolutionary" little device that went nowhere.
    Following, check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha oh my god, the original Tetris was so awesome. Still the best in my opinion. That music is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i cant get the video to play :X

    ReplyDelete
  20. 3DS is going to be shitty console. But I belive 3DS Lite XX or something like that is going to worth to buy. MAYBE.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Battery life is such a joke these days. Personally, I still roll with a Gameboy Color - days of entertainment on two double As!

    ReplyDelete

I love you!