Wednesday, March 16, 2011

In my eyes, the trainers are evil!

So, I have seen the credits for Pokémon Black Version. All I can say is "OK, what?" They screwed with way the Elite 4 works, but apparently after beating them at level 48-50, I can now challenge them at 71-78 with a proper champion. Kill me now. However, there are three more towns that I have not seen, as well as a mission to find the remaining big-wigs of Team Plasma. I suspect that the level plateaus keep going up. That is to say if I do not use my sister's Action Replay first. This is dragging on. I admit, I dawdled, but 39 hours is quite a bit. I would say it was worth the $35. At least I can now start loading over Pokémon from the old DS games now. You know what that means? Ditto! Breeding ahoy! People may hate the new Pokémon, but like I said when everyone hated on Diamond/Pearl/Platinum's set... At least these are better than the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald set. I am sure I will derive new favorites from these. People should really take off the nostalgia glasses and give the rest of the 649 a chance. What is funny is that Team Plasma's entire platform is the assumption that trainers are inherently evil by abusing their Pokémon. Unfortunately for all that jazz, there is more going on behind the scenes. Too bad you do not get an idea of what until the Elite 4. I am not sure I liked combining the plot elements of the league and the gang, but I buy it. At least you see the Gym leaders do more than be lame.


In actual news, Nintendo and Sony have given $7,000,000 to Japan. Count the zeroes, that's millions. How nice of them. Namco also donated $1,200,000. I guess that is to say that these gaming tycoons are not heartless. I cannot help but feel there could have been more. Nintendo, alone, generates over $2,200,000,000 a year. Am I alone in thinking there are more zeroes there? Do not even look at Sony (since they do more than video games).

Also, lately there has been new talk of the Wii 2. As you may or may not know, Nintendo is regarded as always releasing the next gen roughly every five years. The "Wii 2" is up next and everyone is concerned. The Wii and the end of the DS marks a time where Nintendo stops paying attention to the gamer market and taps the supposed casual market. People are mad. It happens. Frankly, I remember the day the name "Wii" was announced and knowing at that moment that it may not be what we expect. There is a lot to say about a name. The Nintendo Revolution had you pumped, but the Nintendo Wii? What is that? A flaccid penis, methinks. Nintendo can either sell out or return to quality, but who cares? I certainly will not stand the shame of waiting in line 21 hours for a Nintendo console again. Though, it was amusing driving by the Best Buy line and showing them the very system they have to wait another eight hours for.

GAMING MUSIC
I have not played this title in particular, but I enjoyed this song on their commercial. Something about the attitude and laid-back music that amuses me. At least gaming does embrace humor on occasion. We really should not take ourselves so seriously.

43 comments:

  1. Love the comic I always enjoy finding new Pokemon comics that I haven't read before

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO that comic!! XD great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to buy games only when I can get a dollar per hour of gameplay. If you played for 39 hours for 35 bucks, it seem s worth it, at least to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I jumped off the pokemon bandwagon after R/S/E

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol the comic

    Gyarados = best Pokemon though

    ReplyDelete
  6. i saw the extended version wher ethe 2 previous evolutions were getin picked on now he beats them up

    ReplyDelete
  7. 7 million! That is insane. Way to go Nintendo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I decided to try the new Pokemon games. I stopped playing after gold/silver, so I'm blown away by the added features of 2v2 battles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Entertaining Comic + Diverting Music = Quality Post

    ReplyDelete
  10. I laughed hardcore at the comic

    ReplyDelete
  11. Think the release of the Wii 2 will be delayed as a result of the current goings-on in Japan?

    ReplyDelete
  12. 7 million is not that much for Nintendo. They could have afforded more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! Loved the comic too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both the comic and song are awesome find. Love how the song is part thug, part acapella.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nintendo and Sony gave more than Yahoo's users have combined...jeez

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always loved pokemon games. Have endured many gay slurs as a result.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I still love this comic.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love that comic. and the song.
    followed!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bah, Allakhazam = BEST POKEMON EVAR

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely digging the comics! Following!

    ReplyDelete
  21. "You aren't even a dragon type!" LOOOL!!

    Yeah, I agree on the note that the gym leaders are actually doing something rather than eat shit and wait for trainers to come by...hobos.

    I recently picked up Pokemon Black and I was blown away how you can connect to wifi and battle friends AND talk with them...on the DS/DSi.

    :O

    ahhh, i remember the good old days...original gameboy and gameboy color.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I certainly not going to line up for so many hours, but some consoles ship with very few units. Like the 3DS, it seems it is going to be sold out in matter of days

    ReplyDelete
  23. That comic was...

    Wow. That was...

    Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The donations are small compared to the amounts of money they own

    ReplyDelete
  25. Its hard to take off the nostalgia glasses all the time but I do agree playing the newer versions has been pretty rewarding in its own way. Nice comic btw I think I've seen that floating around somewhere else haha

    ReplyDelete
  26. Can't get into pokemon black at all, i miss yellow

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is a lot of money from Nintendo, but you'd think they would be more invested in Japan, ya know?

    Followed and Supported.
    bigunicorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I personally enjoyed the classic red/blue/yellow set. But of course I cant play those on my DS now can I? haha planning to get pkm black soon..
    -following

    ReplyDelete
  29. wonder when they'll make a pokemon game with 3 typed pokemon

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nintendo DS Lite can play GBA games, but not GB/C. Nintendo DSi doesn't play GBA either.

    I've been wondering where the new types are. I like the idea of 3-typed Pokémon.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lol, love the comic.

    Always thought Gyrados was a dragon, guess not >>.
    But yea, pray theres never a 3 type pokemon game.

    ReplyDelete

I love you!