Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Like a Boss

Still no luck with job and car front. Life sure is tough. BAWWW! I have been busy and who knows how spotty my posts are going to be, but I wanted to do some writing tonight.

If you have not already played Dante's Inferno, then you need to. Many people say Dante's Inferno is just a God of War clone. This is very true, I will not even try to deny it. However, what Kratos lacks, Dante makes up for in personality. The whole God of War series felt like one huge roid rage. Kratos is pissed, we get it. At least Dante's character is set up to save his also deceased wife. He never even cared about his fate, as long as she did not fall prey to Satan. I have not beaten it, but I am far enough in to understand why she went to hell, and more importantly: why he is there. No spoilers in that regard, but it does feel a little more fulfilling than, "THE GODS SCREWED ME!!! AARGH!!! HULK SMASH!!!" Now, do I think Dante's Inferno is better than God of War? No. To be honest, neither is better. In one you sleep with bitches, fight hand-to-hand with Ares, and doesn't afraid of anything. In the other, you literally kick down the door to Hell screaming, "where the fuck are you, Satan?" I understand Darksiders follows a similar suit and has also been accused of being a God of War clone.
This pisses me off on Kratos proportions.

What we, as gamers, are witnessing for the first time in a while is the spontaneous generation of a new genre. Not only that, but a good one. I do not exactly recall Sonic the Hedgehog being called a Mario clone, despite overwhelming similarities to the level of being major symbols in the Nintendo and Sega console wars. Stop calling these new games clones of God of War and friggin' play them. You will immediately notice that Dante's Inferno definitely has quality. I am not very far in, but so far I have stolen the Grim Reaper's scythe and tore him in half through his face as he begged for mercy. Then, I used that same scythe to stab the brain of a giant minotaur-thing and open the gates of hell. Inside, I managed to rip King Minos' face in half before running into Cleopatra. Cleopatra, being giant, blue, and has tongues for nipples. These nipples also lactating demonic babies with scythes for hands. Once I beat her, she then puked out a zombified Marc Anthony.

Why aren't you playing this game yet? It happens to be cheap. They did a great a little homage to old beat-em-ups with an elevator gauntlet. That was definitely a lot of fun.

GAMING MUSIC
Sonic Advenure 2 is perhaps the last great Sonic game. However, many would beg to differ. New-school Sonic receives a lot of flak for basically desecrating what Sonic was and meant to his fans. The truth of the matter is that these things change. If you did not expect a company's cash cow to be milked to death over and over again, you don't know jack about video gaming. It is inevitable that anything that is popular within our hobby will be ruined eventually. The beauty of it is that you can  keep playing your old favorites and get over it. For me, this song running on the true final boss sealed the game in my library of favorites. The Finalhazard is a particularly chilling boss, considering that he is not even trying to kill you. Not only that, but his immune system is what is protecting him from you. What the fuck? It also marks the only time that Sonic needed another Super hedgehog to help him to beat something. Furthermore, that second hedgehog even dies at the end of the fight (retconned later by Shadow the Hedgehog, but we will just ignore that, SA2 is just more satisfying if Shadow dies). Even in Sonic Rush, Sol Blaze was present because there were two villains. Epic fight was epic.

41 comments:

  1. Sonic 2 adventures is definitely one of my favorite Sonic games. Keep the work up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonic was great, always used to get all the rings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kratos is the ultimate badass man
    Following! check mine out, some gaming stuff might be around the corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Live and Learn! awwyeah son

    I loved Sonic The Hedgehog 2. But that can be said about any franchise: 'Things were better back in DA day.' Everything's always better back in the day. But obviously the current Sonic games are selling, and there are a new generation of gamers who are enjoying them. And in the future they're going to say, 'they don't make games like Sonic Colors anymore'

    I've been playing Super Mario since the beginning and I can say that I like Super Mario Galaxy 2 as much as I like Super Mario World. Things don't always necessarily get worse. You have to be able to adapt to changes and not hold on to nostalgia too much.

    I love you too, Anon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish you luck with job my friend.
    As I remember i play a lot of hours in Sonic game. You must check Giana Sister's game! This is great too :) Which is greatest Mario or Giana S?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is mind-blowingly obscure. You should get a prize for mentioning Giana Sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sonic Advenure 2 is the shit, good post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man Sonic brings back childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sonic is cool, I guess. But I'm hella into his dual tailed foxy buddy. That makes me hot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sonic Adventure was pretty amazing tbf. Don't get me wrong I will always love the older sonic games and I still have my mega drive, but the competitive features in the Sonic Adventure keep the game alive even after completion. Nobody likes being told they've received a D on any level...

    The grading system works if you want something more to do in the game, and the animal collecting & chaos are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ever since Breaking Benjamin was in Sonic, I've been in love with the game. :O

    ReplyDelete
  12. really cool blog. great. i will follow you

    ReplyDelete
  13. sonic the hedgehog 1 = best game

    ReplyDelete
  14. enjoying the blog. keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. dantes inferno it sure sounds cool

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too true. Is stupid how people formulate an opinion on a game based on similarity to another. Bet most of them haven't even played the game in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A rage pic in the middle of a God of War-related rant.

    ...How appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post. I agree that gaming is changing quite a lot since I started playing.

    Keep the posts coming :). Will follow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man. I love this. Thanks! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dante's Inferno was good. But in comparison with god of war it doesn't even get close... Kratos gives a new dimension to violence

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sonic Adventure Soundtrack. OMG I LOVE THE MUSIC IN THAT GAME. -Takes dreamcast out of closet-

    ReplyDelete
  22. that music takes me back haha

    http://fullyfreefitness.blogspot.com/

    http://gadgetsreviewsite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sonic games have always had the best music. I love Escape from the City in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

    ReplyDelete
  24. Excellent post man! Was a really interesting read! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sonic?
    SONIC!?
    HE'S A BLUE HEDGEHOG, WHY IS HE RUNNING SO FAST?!

    ReplyDelete
  26. how few have gotten gold sonic

    ReplyDelete
  27. The sonic gaems are legendary!

    ill be back for more fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome I will have to check out that sonic game, I miss those games!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm offended I LOVE GOD OF WAR AND KRATOS!! Haha, i also thought Dante was cool he just screamed "BEATRICE" alote during the game. Dante's Inferno and God of War 3 were awesome games. If you ever get a chance check out my videogame blog http://videogames4gamerz.blogspot.com/ Thanks i'd really appreciate the support.

    ReplyDelete

I love you!