Friday, April 15, 2011

Trade Embargo

So, last week I was invited to a 4e Dungeons and Dragons game. I showed up a little late. What do I behold? My bretheren setting up Settlers of Catan. So far, I have only played Catan with my family, and I hate it. Everytime, my family all throws in against me like I am some strategical genius. Granted, I am nasty at strategy video games, but a game of chance is hardly something to get worked up over. This session was nice, because everyone did not throw in against me. I still got screwed early and I had bad placement, but those are at least bad luck and noob mistakes.

For those who do not know, Settlers of Catan is a resource hogging game, where the dice roll determines which land plots get resources (of which there are five). If you have a Settlement or a City on the dice roll, you get that resource. Then, you use those resources to buy Roads, Settlements, or Development cards (various effects). Everything is scored and ten points wins. Ten points does not seem like much, but these games can drag on.

Apparently, the word of the day was "trade embargo," which demonstrated a threat to cut off resources (which can be traded) from each other. I feel like my moment of glory was right after Red hit Blue with a seven and two Knights, I hit Blue with a seven and two Knights. He was at nine points, and then I got largest army and he was down to seven and I was up to seven. Then I had to leave, so I let a friend finish for me. I do not know the results of the  game. It was still fun, though.

GAMING MUSIC
I was playing 150cc on the Star Cup and man is that stuff hard. I still scored a Silver Cup, but I remember curbstomping the Mirror cups. I need to play more. I did score a good little run in first while this music was going and with the rainbow road, it was pretty.

9 comments:

  1. That game is so much fun. I got to know it through a friend that use to play all kind of board games but that one is right up there with Risk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Settlers of Catan, eh? I might have to pick that one up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting, I've never heard of this game. It sounds intriguing--I may have to check it out.

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i going to play some mk64 now

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought that the video was about the map D:

    ReplyDelete
  6. settlers, is up their in epic longness of risk,
    I wish i had my original mario cart, sold it when i was younger for a dollar....*facepalm

    ReplyDelete

I love you!